My Books For Your Reading Pleasure

My Books For Your Reading Pleasure
Proud Indie Author

Saturday, March 24, 2018

"Hope of Glory" ... a short story, free in the Kindle Store Sunday, March 25th

Their father died and mom needed to work. To her young son she insisted, "hold her hand, Lester." And hold his sister's hand he did. They reached a certain age and a role reversal took place. Now it was sister, Linda, keeping her eye on her big brother who was heading in the wrong direction. Later on his death bed Lester is convinced there is no hope of glory for him. Little does he know of his sister's love and the power of prayer.

When writing Hope of Glory I thought of my own childhood and my brother who at a young age became father figure to myself and my younger siblings. Fortunately for our family my brother did not take a wrong path but it is easy to understand how a young man might make some wrong choices given such heavy responsibility at too early an age.  In addition there have been many times throughout my life when I've been assured that the power of prayer is a force to be reckoned with.  These are some of the influences which impacted on my writing of this short story.  I hope you enjoy this story.

Hope of Glory ... this short story is free for your reading pleasure in the Kindle Store on all Amazon sites, Sunday, March 25th.

Check out my author's page at http://www.amazon.com/author/audreyaustin

If you enjoyed this short story, you will want to check out my short story anthologies which are available in both Kindle and Paperback formats on all Amazon sites.











No comments:

Post a Comment